A tourist visa is a common travel permit for the visitors. Anyone traveling to other countries must apply for a tourist visa. Some countries issue visas for multiple purposes. However, a tourist visa can only be used for tourism.
Tourist visas work as an official document that permits a person to cross country borders. These visas can be used only for leisure and travel purposes. Therefore, you can attend short work meetings, travel, or visit your family. Furthermore, it also allows you to travel to another country for medical treatments.
A tourist visa is known by different names- travel visa, visitor visa, or temporary stay visa. You can stay in a country for several weeks or months, depending on the validity of your visa. However, tourists cannot indulge in non-tourist activities using a tourist visa.
You can visit the Embassy and physically apply for the visa, but the process will be lengthy and time-consuming. Therefore, the best way is to apply online. For that, you must search for a reliable tour operator dealing with different types of visas and other travel needs.
Activities permitted with a tourist visa
A tourist visa allows various activities, and here is a list of them.
- You can tour around the country using a tourist visa.
- Tourists can go on vacation with it.
- Visit your relatives if they stay in another country.
- Plan a reunion with your friends.
- You can attend a business conference for a couple of days using a tourist visa. However, you cannot shift for work.
- Tourist visas allow medical treatments in another country.
- You can travel for short-term business training.
Documents required for a tourist visa
You must submit a few necessary documents for a tourist visa. When applying online, you must upload the scanned digital copies. However, you must carry original and Xerox copies of your documents when physically applying for the tourist visa. For example, if you are going to apply for Dubai Visa from India then the very first thing is to get your entire required documents ready. This will make your visa process easy and faster.
- A tourist visa application form (if you are visiting the Embassy for the application). You will get online forms when applying via any travel agency’s website.
- Your current passport copy with at least six months validity.
- Passport-size photographs on a plain white background.
- Tourists must have valid travel insurance in case of emergencies.
- A financial proof is compulsory. Therefore, you must submit your last three-month bank statement. Besides, it must have a valid stamp from the bank.
- Furthermore, you must provide your hotel booking details in the country you are traveling to.
- Embassies also ask for round-trip flight ticket details.
- A visa processing fee is compulsory when processing your application. Moreover, you must submit proof of that as well.
- A tourist visa allows sponsored trips. However, you must provide your sponsor’s details when applying for the visa.
- An invitation letter if you are traveling to meet your friends or family.
- Civil documents like marriage certificates and birth certificates.
- Other supporting documents are compulsory too.
How to apply for a tourist visa?
Most countries made the visa application process online. Hence, you must look for a reliable travel agency where you can apply online. It is the quickest and the most hassle-free way of applying for a visa. All you have to do is visit the website and fill up the visa application form.
After that, you must upload the digital copies of your documents. Furthermore, a visa charge is necessary to process your application. The Embassy will check your documents and process the visa. You will receive it within a week.
It is important to keep in mind that each country has a separate visa policy. Therefore, check the rules and regulations before applying for it.
What is the stay validity with a tourist visa?
Most countries issue tourist visas for 30 days. However, few countries issue visas for a year (multiple entries), but you cannot exceed your stay beyond 30 days anywhere.
How long does it takes to issue a tourist visa?
The Embassy processes your visa application within a week. However, the processing time depends on a few factors, like travel season, home residence, etc. Ideally, you will receive your tourist visa within a couple of weeks.
Tourist visa extension
In certain cases, you can extend your visa, like any unexpected family matter, like the birth, death, or illness of any family member. Furthermore, you can apply for a visa extension if there is any political condition in your native country. Besides, you can also ask for a visa extension due to natural calamities, like earthquakes, tsunamis, etc.
Applying for an online visa process is easy unless there are any obstacles, like misinformation or past criminal records. Therefore, the best solution is to hand over the responsibility to a travel agency. Most travel agencies today deal with visa procedures. Hopefully, this guidance will help you in getting your tourist visa like a pro in no time.